"Polorised" light is a concept I have been familiar with since my teens. I was pleased to find that the 6th Form at Weston College had a rig to show students the effect of polorised light.
I borrowed the rig, and modified it to work with a camera. (see photo)
The "Rig" from the 6th form is in the middle of the image. The light that came with the rig was too low powered, so I used one of the lights in the copy room to get any reasonable exposures. I then removed one of the glass plates and fitted a Circular Polorising filter to the front lens of my camera. For most of the shots, I also fitted extension tubes to allow me to focus closer.
Placing various pieces of plastic between the static sheet, and the polorising filter, showed the stress patterns in the plastic. By rotating the filter on the lens, you could alter the patterns, and it also had the effect of changing the "Background" colour from white, to black.
From these, I culled down to 11, then the final image, as shown.
Well. Here goes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.