Here, I'm going to discuss the "Dummy phases, and why I chose the "binding I did.
One of the biggest problems facing Postcard books is the durability of the binding. You want the postcard to be "usable" but in doing so, you can make it too fragile (See above, where cards fall out of their normal binding.
I therefore chose early on in the project, to make a flexible binding that would both keep everything in place, but allow the end user to pull out individual cards if required. Here are a few of my tests.
The Dummies above were early tests with "Supaclips". Top one is 10 standard thickness prints, the lower one, 10 standard GSM postcards.
I found this to be the limit for these form of clips. I needed more.
Small clips, with the "ears" removed, seemed to answer my needs. Flexible enough to allow for the removal and replacement I wanted, but firm enough to hold everything in place.
The final "Production" is this. One larger clip in the centre, with two smaller clips on each side. When using only the larger clips, the actual grip was marginal, so I chose to use the centre one, and two smaller - but firmer gripping - side ones.
I also left one "ear" in place, on the back, so it could be hung on a POS stall, etc. The units will be shipped with extra "ears" so if the user wishes, they can completely disassemble the entire collection.
Well. Here goes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.